Monday, January 12, 2009

What you DON’T do:

When you have had an overprotected life, is hard to know if what you’ve missed was truly necessary or not. I just read in a book today:” For a child, destroying his toys is part of his process of discovering the world that surrounds him”. In general, for all human beings, taking active part on life and its situations is the way that we pursuit the discovery.

Sometimes, we are kept in our mother’s wombs for too long; long enough to become accustomed to certain commodities that will stop us from trying new things. I feel as if I’ve been in that womb for 22 years, and the first day that I lived by myself, was the first day I saw ‘life as I now know it’. It’s a delicious, addictive feeling, this one of freedom. It came make you succumb to its pleasures and keep you in a stage of extasis long enough for you to know you no longer control things.

So here I have a dichotomy (yay, I got to use a BIG word). I have the overprotective mother in me telling me it’s better to go slow, and the adventurous ‘tineya’ saying:”Carpe Diem! And just seize the day”. Well, I have learned both are right, the mom and the teen, you just have to discern when to let each one come out. Common sense is the key to everything, and good will always be good; so as long as we stick to doing what we know best applied to this new situations, we’ll get the correct answer.

No comments: